Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Yes We Have No Bananas

Yes we have no bananas - this is a shot of our backyard here in Washington. The rain has brought out the flowers and banana trees, which are the real sign of spring. Soon we will have mushrooms poking out of our mushroom bed and native palm trees shading the front yard. When I lived in Vermont I had a dooryard, but I can't find one here. Speaking of Vermont, the captain who was rescued by the navy was from the same town that I lived in. It is strange to see that little town on the national news, but there you go. Anyway, back to spring. We are adding a deck to our backyard this year and wondering if we should build a palapa out of switch grass. I will include a poll for you dear readers to let you vote on this important issue.

Thanks and hasta la bye bye.

No comments: