Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fastfood fast


Left is someone really chowing down on one of the many treats that can be had at the food court at the Coral Ridge Mall. You should be able to click on the picture to see even a larger version, if you are so inclined. Did I complain yet about the amount of rain in my former backyard turned marine training camp mud hole - I believe I did.

Yesterday was a trip to the mall, which gives me hives. It seems to me a time warp from some 80's teen movie. It's like an enormous elevator with bad muzak. It is the best that the late 20th century could come up with in the form of a cathedral. It is a place where the facades are on the inside and happy shoppers strut their colorful "one use" plastic bags with some nitwit's name on it. It's a great scam to have people pay to advertise for you, one that still amazes me.

This particular mall is a General Growth Properties mall, which traded in the $60's not that long ago and now would take a bushel basket of the stock just to buy a taco. So next time you want to pay to advertise someone's ego and private jet, want to see a movie in a theater the size of a shoebox, or just have a hankering for some really good fast food, consider a General Growth Properties mall, where you won't be surprised or your money back.

Shoes for Industry Comrade

1 comment:

Barb said...

You make the mall look good. Nice shot.