Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Thoughts about my time in the Yucatan [Nasty Repost]

This rock is where I went everyday to do my Tai Chi as the sun came up. I then jumped off and swam to the mainland for yogurt and blueberries. Since it was only five miles I had plenty of time to swim back and ride my bike for a couple of hours before it was time to meet with the Governor and his aides to discuss eco-policy with them and help dedicate eco-parks and wildlife refuges. I always prefered a light lunch before I would do an hour or two of free-dive underwater spelunking. I found many new species of coral and fish there and I named them all after Rachel Carson and Bill O'Reily. After that we would sail down the coast a bit in the catamaran that I built that week out of flotsum which I found nearby. It was always a joy to race with the dolphines and turn about back to the island to watch the sunset. We would furl the sails and head into town, where I would usually MC a local fiesta and regale the locals with my many stories about management consulting and safaris into Arkansas to hunt the elusive Giant Ozark Evicerator Bat, several of which line my study walls at home.

More Later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No Comment. You have beaten me.