Thursday, June 4, 2009

IT'S GREEN!

Here is a souped up slice of a photo that was taken during the recent rain. Give it a click and see much more of the detail. It's the kind of photo that you need to look at in January; yes there is a time of year that is green.

OK, so now it's sunny and getting warm so that means that it is time get out and do those things I blew off during the rain. I'm constantly amazed about how time slips away and all of a sudden it's the future. It seems almost impossible that event we call Tienanmen Square was 20 years ago. All of that is, of course, based on my age. I am such a boomer it is ridiculous. Yes, I am one of those whinny folks born in the fifties and in my fifties. I am going to suck your savings and retirement dry as I cruise the Caribbean and get a brain transplant on medicare - oops, I forgot there aren't any pension funds left. They all dried up when we found out they were invested in McMansions in foreclosure sprawled over vast tracts of treeless farmland.

Showing my age - I am so old that I remember when cool cars had fins and planetary sized swaths of chrome - when there was only one bad telephone company, not hundreds - when Disney referred to some old billionaire dude with a villain mustache and one big kind of permanent carnival built in an old orange grove. I am so old I don't remember where my keys are, or why I am standing in the kitchen - oh, just stop it.

Thanks for your support, and if your remember, twitter me @cjswift

No comments: