Sunday, May 31, 2009

This has nothing to do with anything in particular!

Played too much with photos I took yesterday - I need to go out to Gnatville and do manly man stuff in the yard. I could actually do the trimming that has been waiting from last year, or perhaps pant the bulbs that have been waiting a month for me to venture out. If would be a bit more pleasant to do these things without a neighbor sitting on his porch staring at everything in the neighborhood like a vulture over a hog confinement during "clean-out day". The other neighbor isn't able to venture out with the sun still up. I've planted garlic on that side of the house but he still is able to approach the chicken wire fence he erected several years ago.

I have a theory that he is made entirely of adipocere...whoa, wait a minute, been reading too many Stephen King novels or something...Let's start over again.

The field of butterflies beckoned me from my revelries of unicorns and the faery people. I walked out into the beauty of a perfect summer day. I felt as if I were floating as the sun caressed my skin and the soft breeze wafted the scent of a 1,000 flowers into the ether surrounding me. The yard gnomes led me to the vortex at the edge of the hedges. I saw the portal opening there, and I was about to step in, when I slipped in a puddle of grave wax and slid face first into a chicken wire fence. OK, OK, enough King, I gotta get a wider reading program.

Send me twitters @cjswift, while I'm out in the yard, and thanks for your support.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Great photo .. you could be in El Salvador on the corner with the only truck that ran in the town ...