Sunday, September 13, 2009

The 5th Circle of Hell

Canto 72

And we did find the service elevator which took us from the second to the fifth circle of hell.  Virgil said unto me, "this is the Circle of Fighclub and Couch Potato.  It's a weird kinda place dude."

I said unto Virgil, "So what allegory do we have here?"

Canto 73

Before Virgil could answer with his voice, a shade appeared in front of us.  "Are you the tourists that Tupac told me about," the shade did say unto us.

"Oh shade," I caused myself to say.  "Who were you in life?"

And the shade did say, " Me? Well, uh, mmmm, I was Charlton Heston, you know, Moses and that Soylent Green guy."

I said, "What are you doing in the Fightclub circle?"

"Oh, that.  Well they need a spokesman and I was available, besides the Fightclub Couch Potato circle is quite popular nowadays."

Virgil waved his arms, "Dudes c'mon, we got more circles and, like sorry Charlton, but you aren't really much of a spokesman for the circle, didn't you say, "You can take my rifle ... when you pry it from my cold dead hands!" so where is your literal rifle now?"


"They got rules here that are worse than even the commies...[intentionally left blank]


Tomorrow the 6th circle - Heretics like Carl Sagan.


Thank you for your support - send Big Money Cards from Menards, leaky boats, top hats, riding bonnets, toe socks, and tweets to @cjswift

No comments: